With a Kasasa Giving account, you can improve your life and the lives of others at the same time. This free checking account earns 2.02% APY* on your balance that's donated to a charitable organization of your choice each month.
But that's not all—for qualifying debit card point of sale transactions, F&M will donate even more to the cause. That means when you use your debit card, you could be contributing money to help make the world a better place.
Help the world make a better place every month. Kasasa Giving makes it easy.
Do you Kasasa?Questions?
- 2.02% APY* earned on balances up to $15,000
- 0.05% APY* earned if qualifications are not met
- $0.03 donated for every debit card purchase over $10
- ATM fee refunds nationwide (up to $15 per cycle)
- No monthly fees
- No minimum balance
- $50 deposit to open
- Free debit card
- Free online banking
- Free online statements
- Direct deposit available
- FDIC insured
Our Giving partners are:
Stand Up to Cancer
- Stand Up To Cancer is a new initiative created to accelerate groundbreaking cancer research that will get new therapies to patients quickly and save lives. This is where the end of cancer begins.
Boys & Girls Clubs of America
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America offer programs and services for kids and teens that instill a sense of competence, usefulness, belonging and influence. 57% of Club alumni said the Club "really saved my life" (Source: BGCA's 2007 National Alumni Survey conducted by Harris Interactive)
American Humane Association
- American Humane Association has worked to protect animals since 1877, providing a voice for the nation's most vulnerable. Envision a nation where no animal will ever be a victim of willful abuse or neglect.
Earning the Kasasa rate and ATM fee refunds is easy. Simply do the following each monthly qualification cycle:
- Have at least 12 Debit MasterCard® point of sale transactions post and settle
- Have at least 1 Direct Deposit or automatic payment (ACH) debit post and settle
- Be enrolled and review Online Statements via Online Banking (a valid email address is required)
If for some reason you don't qualify for a given cycle, don't worry; you still earn our base rate of 0.05% APY* and you can get the Kasasa rate back the very next month.
KASASA GIVING: *APY= Annual Percentage Yield. APYs are accurate as of 11/01/2013. Rates may change after the account is opened. Minimum to open account is $50. If qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle: (1) Nationwide ATM fees incurred during the qualification cycle will be reimbursed up to $15 and deposited to the account on the last business day each month; (2) Balances up to $15,000 receive an APY of 2.02%; (3) Balances above $15,000 receive an interest rate of 0.20% on the portion of the balance above $15,000, resulting in APYs ranging from 2.02% to 0.47% depending on the account balance (assuming a maximum account balance of $100,000). If qualifications are not met, the APY will be 0.05% on all balances. The interest earned on Kasasa Giving is deposited on the last business day each month and then automatically donated to the charity selected the next business day. The advertised Kasasa Giving APYs are based on compounding interest. The actual interest paid on Kasasa Giving may result in APYs less than the advertised APYs. Charitable donations are made on debit card point of sale transactions over $10 that post and settle the account during the monthly qualification cycle. If monthly qualifications are met, a charitable donation of $0.03 will be made to the charity selected for each debit card point of sale transaction over $10 that posts and settles the account during the monthly qualification cycle. The charitable donations are deposited in Kasasa Giving on the last business day each month and then automatically donated to the charity selected the next business day. "Monthly Qualification Cycle" means the last business day of the month to one day prior to the last business day of the following month. The qualification cycle is not the same as your monthly statement cycle. Qualifying transactions must post and settle the account during the monthly qualification cycle. Transactions may take one or more business days from the transaction date to post and settle an account. ATM-processed transactions do not count as qualifying transactions. Intra-bank transfers do not count as qualifying ACH transactions. The charitable donations are potentially tax deductible, so please consult your tax professional. The charity is responsible for providing donation receipts for tax reporting purposes if applicable. Fees may reduce earnings. Personal accounts only. Limit one account per household.
If qualifications are not met during three consecutive monthly qualification cycles, this account may be converted to a Simply Checking account in the next monthly statement cycle immediately following the third consecutive non-qualifying cycle. Simply checking is a non-interest bearing account and nationwide ATM fee refunds will no longer be provided.